Automation - Industry 4.0, dual Bachelor
|Course of studies||Automation - Industry 4.0 - Dual studies|
|Academic degree||Bachelor of Engineering und Elektroniker:in für Betriebstechnik bzw. Elektroniker:in für Automatisierungstechnik|
|Regular study period||8 Semesters|
Electrical Engineering - Automation (M.Sc.)
|Type of study||
integrated degree program
|Description||in cooperation with Siemens and the Bildungs-Werkstatt Chemnitz|
|Accredited||Yes / Information on accreditation|
Combine an apprenticeship as an electronics technician with the perfect degree program.
During your four-year dual study program, you will be trained by one of our partner companies to become an electronics technician for industrial engineering or an electronics technician for automation technology. The Mittweida University of Applied Sciences puts the finishing touches on the knowledge imparted there, which will give you a clear advantage when you start your career.
In the Automation-Industry 4.0 specialization of the Electrical Engineering-Automation degree program, you will deal intensively with robotics, sensors/actuators, microprocessor technology and microcontroller technology.
Our industry-experienced professors will teach you how to automate production processes and how man and machine work together perfectly. With their many years of professional experience, they prepare you individually in small groups for your professional life as an engineer.
Whether companies in vehicle construction, mechanical engineering or renowned supplier companies - Germany's industry is desperately looking for qualified electrical engineering specialists.
With Automation-Industry 4.0, you will become an electrical engineer urgently sought after by the industry and gain several advantages for yourself in the process:
- Through the parallel training, you will gain even more insights into professional practice than is possible with full-time studies.
- With the degree of electrical engineer and the Bachelor of Engineering, you obtain two state-recognized degrees in the shortest possible time: If you were to complete your training and studies one after the other, you would generally need six and a half years instead of four.
- Your training company can hire you directly after graduation, because the company knows you and your skills very well.
Eight semesters of dual study mean six semesters at university and two complete semesters in the company.
One thing is clear: You need a lot of motivation for a dual study program. While conventional full-time students go on an internship or simply laze around during the lecture-free period, you are working at your training company or completing your vocational training. A dual study program is therefore much more intensive, because you work and study at the same time.
Of course, this has advantages: Others job alongside their studies, you get a training salary. Whereas at some universities hundreds sit in a lecture hall, with us you learn in small seminar groups. Because you gain a lot of practical experience in the company, it can be much easier for you to learn the theory for the exams.
Your interest is aroused?
Then contact us for more information or apply directly to one or both of our university's cooperation partners by March 15:
- for an apprenticeship with Siemens Professional Education online at ausbildung.siemens.com, or
- for an apprenticeship with the Bildungs-Werkstatt Chemnitz by mail to
Annaberger Street 73
Once you have signed the training contract, you are sure of your place on the course and can enroll at Mittweida University of Applied Sciences at www.hs-mittweida.de/bewerben. Please register there for the study program Electrical Engineering-Automation, Bachelor.
You can take up the dual study program in Mittweida if you have
- the general university entrance qualification or
- the subject-related higher education entrance qualification (for the corresponding subject) or
- the entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences.
In addition, there are further possibilities to gain access to a university degree program. We will be happy to advise you personally.